Saturday, November 7, 2009

Places to Sell Your Art Online

Since my post yesterday was about eBay artists, I wanted to remind everyone that while eBay likely has the most traffic, there are hundreds of online "virtual art gallery" websites where you can sell your work and/or prints of your work other than eBay.

Fine Art America
To date, I've personally only tried Fine Art America (a fellow artist was familiar with it) and because they'll produce and ship affordable prints of your work directly to customers. It's also free to post your work and if you want to be part of the print service, I think I paid about a $30 annual fee.

At first, I was happy with FAA. My traffic (views of my art) was very high (it still is actually). Several of my pieces (such a my lucky rabbits above) have been viewed by well over 1,000 visitors, but those have yet to translate into sales.

However, shortly after I joined the site, I started to have trouble with FAA. Often it's slow, or it won't load at all (and yes I do have a very high speed cable connection and have cleared my cache :)). So, I can't help but wonder if other visitors and artists have similar troubles with the site.

Because of that, about a week ago I did a quick search for other potential online galleries. I've not had a chance to look at any of these sites carefully yet, so am not endorsing them here, but here's a list of places to sell artwork online I've found so far:
If you have a positive experience with any of these, please feel free to send your comments. I'd love to hear of a website that's working well for you and your art.

1 comment:

  1. Superb paintings skill, something to love and be proud of. Especially your all painting Work is wonderful. The painting tells a story about the subjects, teaching us about the real essence of the artist's mind. I always enjoy reading your emails, They contain such good, useful information.
    Apart from hanging some of my own art, I’ve been collecting art for years. But I’ve purchased and hung some heavy and large piece of collections. My recent purchase was “Oil Painting on Canvas”. I bought it from IndianArtZone and it is Very Beautiful and fits perfectly for my Living Room. They sell only original paintings and artist verified authenticity. I am very satisfied and appreciate their prompt shipping as promised. Keep posting!! Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete